Tuesday, August 5, 2014

What does it look like to you?

I'm back from a reading haitus and I wanted start with light reading as of the moment.




I picked up Jennifer Smith's "This is What Happy Looks Like". I just started last night and I could not move on from what I've read so far..

"Sunrises over the harbor. Ice cream on a hot day. The sound of the waves down the street. The way my dog curls up next to me on the couch. Evening strolls. Great movies. Thunderstorms. A good cheeseburger. Fridays. Saturdays. Wednesdays, even. Sticking your toes in the water. Pajama pants. Flip-flops. Swimming. Poetry. The absence of smiley faces in an e-mail.

What does it look like to you?"

This made me realize that sometimes, I tend to overthink what real happiness is..


It made me remember the simple things that make me happy, a sweet treat, waking up to see my dogs still curled up under the covers, hearing my favorite song, sweaters on rainy days, a pink lipstick, chill day in the office, seekng my crush before I go home, leavjng the office early, many other stuff..

It may not actually be just me, a us search for happiness above, over and beyond, anywhere and everywhere but find nothing.. I think it is because real happiness should start within ourselves.

I guess we just always have to be thankful for just being able to wake up each and every day to experience our "happinesses" whatever form they take.

So, what does you happiness look like??


xoxo


C


No comments:

Post a Comment